Many of you reading probably came here from my Instagram, and may have already noticed that I don't open up very much. Despite having started my account two and a half years ago, I've been reluctant to be personal on IG. Mainly due to the fact that there are so many eyes on there and I've always been wary of how others perceived me. But throughout this whole adventure, I've learned that I can't let what others think dictate my life. So, after lots of reevaluation and reflecting, I want to open up and be more personal rather than being so reclusive. And I'll start here:
- How did you get into fashion? I was never really into makeup growing up, so my outfits were my way of expressing myself, whether it was through plaid shorts and a matching colored top in middle school (who else was a victim of this) or through some crop tops and high waisted shorts. It's fascinating to see the different ways items can be worn and how people choose to style them.
- How do you manage your long hair? Since I have naturally wavy hair, my hair tends to be very dry and coarse so the Penetrating Argan Oil of Morocco has been a lifesaver.
- What has been your favorite part of being a fashion Instagrammer? It definitely has been getting to know and connecting with people from various places. I love that social media broadens the spectrum and allows for different types of people to connect with one another despite the physical boundaries.
- Who takes your pictures? My boyfriend, my cousins, and some friends! And the occasional times where I need my parents hehehe
- What's your favorite color? Blue!
Top: White Crow Brand x Style is Simple
Mules: Charming Charlie
- How do you balance school and Instagram/blog? Though I wish I could spend all day taking photos or writing blog posts, lectures and labs are my reality instead. In the past, I tried to and take photos every day and I found myself not focusing on school as much, so after some personal reflection, I now take photos during the weekend. And since I've begun to stray away from the garage door pictures and started putting in more efforts to produce content. It's not always the easiest thing to go and take photos when classes run all day. But regardless, I am working on my time management so that I can balance everything throughout the week.
- What goals do you have as a blogger? My main goal is to one day inspire those around me. Whether it's through my outfits or through who I am as a person, I hope to leave my mark somewhere.
- Who are you? I'm best described as an introverted extrovert - I love being around people and making new friends but I am also very shy in the presence of new faces or those I'm unacquainted with. I'll probably need that extra push before I initiate conversation, but be warned because once we start being friends, you'll probably never hear the end of it. According to the Myers-Briggs personality quiz, I'm an ESFP, which perfectly describes me on every level. Let me know what you guys are in the comments below!
- What inspires you? I’m definitely inspired by my surroundings, especially all those creative minds on Instagram, and people I come across in my daily life. I’m an observant person and I love to people watch (that sounds kind of creepy but I totally mean it in a non-creepy type of way). I like to take mental notes of how people dress because I’m always in awe of what people put together and how they do it. And other times, I’ll resort to Pinterest (everyone’s favorite) when I'm stuck at a crossroad to see what’s on there.
If you guys have made it this far, I sincerely thank you for taking the time to read through all of it and I hope you guys were able to learn a little bit more about who I am. As always, I'm grateful for all your support and I appreciate every single one of you! xx